Thursday 9 February 2012

Master in IT with Honours plan

On the 8th of February I did a presentation titled "An introduction to MapReduce". Everything went well, but I have to be more prepared for the next time. After the presentation I talked to Dr. Kewen Wang on what to do next. He said that I should implement ASP solvers with MapReduce, more exactly with Hadoop (MapReduce open source implementation).

At the moment I'm still learning ASP as I don't understand it very well. So for the next weeks I should spent some time reading about ASP (probably the seminal papers). At the same time I should practice programming ASP, learning how to do it. The latter will definitely will help me to implement ASP with Hadoop.

Following the plan. I will try to make some practical examples of ASP on my Ubuntu machine. I don't know how to compile and even code this kind of programs. I have followed this tutorial that has helped me to install the required software Knowledge Base System Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment